Am 2012-06-07 12:07, schrieb Yibin Shen:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Liu Yuan <namei.u...@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe you refer to object cache?

Yes, sorry, mixed that two...

Without object cache, the answer is NO, the data will be known to the
cluster as soon as the request is completely.

With object cache enabled, probably 'nope' again, but I am not 100%
sure, live migration mechanism from QEMU will issue a flush request to sheep and block for it, then will migrate memory to other machine. For
the last try with live migration, it did the right thing for me, but
you'd better test it with your own. When I have time, I'll try it again
and give you a solid answer.so
qemu will call sync operation before live migration,(nearly) all dirty
objects will be
flushed to sheepdog cluster.

Thanks for your infos.

I am using libvirt with virt-manager on top to manage my virtual
machines. With sheepdog 0.2.4 live migration works without problems
for month.

If the current sheepdog version will work for me, I make some more
migration tests and give a feedback.

Cheers

Bastian