Thinking out loud before tomorrow's ShefLUG meeting I know in theory I could do everything on a single machine. I tend to have a few machines (OK a stupid number of machines but I am trying to cure my addiction) scattered around for specific tasks such as one device I use to control my laser cutter and 3D printers. At some point this year I get a chance to move desks and equipment around at home, never mind reinstalling everything when the next Debian drops. There is certainly a question around lots of cheap machines versus power requirements versus fewer faster machines but is that all?
I would like to know what other people do. Do you have a single machine or multiple machines? What type of tasks do you do and do you compartmentalise or just throw everything on to one or a few devices? Do you run particular services? How do you set up your home network? Where do you keep your backups and how many versions? How often do you do a full test on your backups? There is obviously a difference between home and work environments and in my case, work is far more structured with enterprise grade kit that I cannot afford for my home. What is the one recommendation you would give for a home system? Regards John _______________________________________________ Sheffield Linux User's Group http://sheflug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/sheflug_sheflug.org.uk FAQ at: http://www.sheflug.org.uk/mailfaq.html GNU - The Choice of a Complete Generation
