Ean,
In my performance autos I use Type F fluid designed for the early Ford
transmissions.

The Type F doesn't have the friction modifiers like Dexron and 7176 so it
hits harder.

More frequent fluid changes are required because it doesn't have some of the
cleaning agents either so every 12k you'll need to change the fluid but in a
race trans this isn't a problem.

Hope this helps.

Cliff Ramsdell
VP New England SDAC www.sdacne.com
'91 Spirit R/T  2.2 TIII, 568. How Chrysler built it.
'86 GLHS 065  2.2 TIII, 568. How Shelby would have built it.
'86 K-Car Wagon 2.5 TIII, 568. How I built it.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.members.aol.com/mopartek/home.html