whats the point anyway? Unless your talking a numbered car or a one that
will keep AC it is out right foolish to dump money into 8v head to a tune of
over $600. You can buy a 03-04 Cummins Holset new for $400 on Ebay and cores
at junk yards for less. There are allot of T3 exhaust manifolds to get I
bought a Mex 2.4 manifold for $200. Then of corse is a 16v 2.4 Stratus head
you can buy like mine, totally complete at the local pick n pull for a
wopping $54. For what a big valve head alone cost you can almost completely
build a mean 16v engine. Bolt it on an existing 8v block and use a thicker
head gasket and your less money. Personally I have been porting heads for
about 15 years and I know a guy that owns a machine shop. It is a wopping
$40 for the seat work plus as much as $150 for valves (good ones). The only
other real difference in porting is the combustion chamber on a big valve
head. A wopping 1 hour more work and less than $200 more cost from a stock
valve head to a big valve head, not including if your buying stock valves
anyway. And don't give me any crap about garage porting either. The last guy
I did a 455 olds pair of heads gained 160 HP with my heads, and I didn't
even enlarger the valves. My GLHS with stock valves and a weak simple port
job I did on 3 pistons and 13 PSI, made 203 at the tires. Look in Mopar
Muscle this month. Porting is art work and a gift, if you got straight As in
school and are a book worm, don't even attempt to port heads as you can't
see it. If your a right side minded artist do some reading and really eye
ball some race ports done by Indy and others. Then all it is is sculpture,
and make each port the same. Am I against people making money? No, but at
this point it isn't much worth it, and last time I checked this whole group
was about power per dollar. Using a 8v setup for big power no longer fits
into that with the dirt cheap 16v hybrids.

Rob Walsh
86 GLHS 76
84 DC Shelby Rampage
89 Shelby Dakota 1207
87 Shelby Charger
70 Challenger R/T SE

> > > Is there a better ported/big valve head built by someone else?
> DEFINITLEY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Probably.
>
> Are you absolutely sure?
> Steve had alot of guidance from 2 very important people involed in
> performance cylinder heads.   The man Steve worked for is currently doing
> Pro-Stock Hemi heads.  He was a major contribution to Steve's work.  He is
> also nationally known as the man you go to for Super Stock small block
Chevy