-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason Arroyo
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 2:28 PM
To: shelby-dodge@imagicomm.com
Subject: SD> 16" CS Pumper cleanup choices, need advice

Hi peeps.

Well the shop is inserting the engine back into the Daytona Shelby today
(took forever). Engine looks amazing. Painted shiny red and I'll repaint
this faded red Daytona the same as the engine.

Anyways I located a replacement CS pumper centercap. I have been
thinking about what to do with these wheels. I don't want to get
different wheels. I actually like the pumpers, and think they are part
of the Daytona Shelby's "styling". But mine are getting kinda dingy.

So here are the options I've been considering:

1. Polishing. How hard is it to polish pumpers? I know lots of you have
polished the Pizza, Swiss Cheese, Centurian, and Craw wheels. You guys
think the Pumper style wheels can get the same treatment? What did you
use for compounds, what kinds of tools, etc.? And are the centercaps
aluminum like the wheels? Can I get them mirror smooth? Anyone done this
with a pumper? Pics?

2. Chroming. Ok, this is a no-brainer. They dip the wheel. Then they dip
the cap. How about that texture on the wheel? Should it be polshed
smooth first? Has anyone chromed a pumper and seen how the centercap
came out? Pics?

3. Powdercoating. I am thinking that silvertone or maybe even white.
Wasn't the OEM for my car a silvertone coat of some kind over the
aluminum anyways? I saw a Shadow turbo with poumpers painted white from
the factory (or perhaps it was also powdercoating). Looked nice. I'm
thinking that qhite powdercoated 16" Pumpers will look slick on a
freshly painted red Daytona Shelby. I'm not sure how the CS logo will
look covered with powdercoat.

4. ???? Alternatives? Share with me your ideas! :)

------