Shelby worked with Chryco because of his history of cooperation with Lee
Iacocca when at at Ford headed up the the Mustang performance program. When
Iacocca was at Chrysler rebuilding it from the crap factory it had become,he
asked Shelby to see what could be done with the products available to start a
performance program.

I thought his work with chryco was somewhat of a personal vendetta against
ford for using the name on the mustang II cars.. I read some articles that he
was in full rage over it back in those days. A mustang buddy of mine has a
home video where his father asked carrol 2 questions and a photo op with him..
The video was around 89 at some show or event where he said this when
asked why he modified an Omni of all things, why? "I desided to spice up an
economy car to compete and be triumphant over the mustang 2 cars that ford
desided to use my name to sell something I wouldnt back, also affordable sporty
4 door for the family guy that still wants to get out there and play"

If I can get a copy of that tape, can anyone here convert it if I send it
and make it available to the public for everyone to see?

Chris Pauluk - Modesto CA. - 1984 T2 Rampage "Ramlet"
_www.cardomain.com/id/pentastarturbo_
(http://www.cardomain.com/id/pentastarturbo) -
_www.cardomain.com/id/solo2rampage_ (http://www.cardomain.com/id/solo2rampage)

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!