I am fairly certain that it is a electrical 'choke' or otherwise called a
alternator whine filter for the radio in our cars.

Al in Phoenix

"Paul T. Standaert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was playing with my IROC R/T today, and noticed an interior part that I'm not
certain what the heck it is.

It normally mounts behind & above the glove box wher ethe alarm module and lamp
outage modules mount, but the part in question looks to be some type of
electricity transformer. I've had lots of similar cars, and i'm 98% sure none
of them ever had this part. What the heck is this thing?

http://mail.yahoo.com