I am currently in the process of converting my 85 SC to an auto too, but I have the problem with having a 6 bolt crankshaft. With an 8 bolt like you have, it should be no problem to put any a413 lockup or non-lockup tranny later then an 85 (85 and older have 3 bolt converters and different splines on the converter and pump) in it. If you get one newer then an 89 (and correct me if I am wrong guys), you will need the larger axle shafts from a 90-up Omni. Also, if you put in a lockup tranny, you will have to wire it up to turn it on while at crusing speed, or build a circuit like I am currently trying to figure out to do it automatically. The rest of this I am still trying to figure out myself. Good luck!

Dale wrote:

I need to change the oil seal in my 87 SC, and while I am at it, I would like
to convert to an automatic (currently 525, which will need a new clutch disc at
least).  I was wondering first, is there a site that has a good procedure of
it?  I am imagining I need:

Transmission (what auto models are there?  I only know manuals.  Do I look for
one from any FWD of the time?, What is a good price?

Shifter/linkage (I assume this is cable shift?)

Torque Converter (any suggestions?)

Flex Plate

Kick Down Cable (I already have the bracket on TB, just no cable)

Do I need axle shafts?  If so from what?

I would appreciate any help on this, or if you ahve any of the parts I require,
let me know.

Thanks Everybody