i was not jumping down jerrys throat about it. i was just pointing out the
fact that eventually these cars are gonna be gone and then when somebody
decides
they want one again in the future they will be so scarce that those who have
them will either hold onto them or demand a high premium for them due to
rarity. i was pointing out the fact that it may be better to squirrel it away
in a
garage or barn somewhere until the time comes that you have the money, and the
time to fix the car properly, rather than just strip it and junk it. if it
has severe rust that cannot be repaired that compromises the structural
integrity, or if its wrecked beyond repair thats a different story. but we are
talking
a GLHS one of 500 made right?? i have never even seen one in person.

i have 3 non numbered turbo cars i currently own. i love them as if they were
numbered cars. i would never think of selling them to a non TD enthusiast,
nor as parting them out ever crossed my mind. i see a lot of TDs in my local
salvage. i seem to be the only guy around my area interested in them. i have
tried to salvage parts off some of these forgotten cars in the junkyard for
future
use. i even rescued 6 TDs. 4 came from the salvage, 2 from auction sale more
than likely were soon to be salvage.

1988 daytona shelby Z  T top
(2) 1990 daytona ES models
1987 Le Baron turbo coupe
1989 turbo mini
1987 daytona pacifica T top

the turbo mini and one daytona ES found good homes, the second daytona ES was
totalled by my wife. it was beyond repair, i was lucky she wasnt killed in
the wreck. the other 3 i currently own. i have done my part to try to rescue
some TDs, if i could i would rescue more of them. maybe numbered cars havent
fallen in my lap. but thats ok i like what i have. as far as a lack of buyers
for
these cars i own three of them as evidence of that. i think we all need to
keep trying at car shows, and car cruises to interest other car guys and gals
in
our type of transportation. for some it could be the little cash outlay to go
fast.  for others mebbe its just the thrill of driving a turbo car. i am doing
my part here in west texas to keep these cars alive.

mat