> In the next two months I hope to have finished restoring the outside of
> my '88 CSX-T. I have a few questions for the group.

> Are the bumpers and belt molding painted the same color as the ground
> effects?

No, they're a satin finish dark gray if I remember correctly. The 1987 CSX
and 1988 CSX-T used slightly different color beltline molding. One black,
one gray.

> Anyone have the paint code for the white that was used at the factory?

The code is listed on the data plate under the hood. Standard '88 Shadow
paint.

> How much are the decals that would need replaced and which ones are
> available?

For the 1988 CSX-T, currently I've got an "upper body set" only. It contains
the 3 piece turbo hood decal, the grille decal, the decklid decal and the
light blue moulding overlay tape. What isn't available currently is the
large gunmetal silver lower sections and the pinstripe for the spoiler. The
upper body set is only 65.00. The matching light blue windshield decal is
sold separately at 49.00 alone (or 39.00 if purchased with the set).

The remaining lower body sections (if you need them, they usually hold up
well) I have been told recently that they are no longer available from the
dealer
but have not verified this firsthand or checked Chrysler parts locator
services.
I can provide a list of the correct lower body decal part numbers if needed.

Due to their large size & complicated design it'll be quite a while before
the
budget allows for reproduction of the full lower body stripe set.

> Are there any good window scrapers out there for the front windows?

There was a few left in dealer stock last time I checked but expect to pay a
very high price. The wide design they used are unique to the '87 & '88
Shadow only and are very hard to find used. Or you could convert to the
later thinner style ones.

> What method do you recommend for repainting the trim (sanding grit,
> color)?

The correct color for the lower ground effects and airdams is PPG DBU5013
Dark Silver Metallic. It's the same paint code as a 1995 Dodge truck. This
is the correct match for 87-88 CSX(T) cars. Just be sure the use "flex
agent" in the finish since your just painting the flexible plastic parts on
the car.

> Are there any sites out there with good pics of the car's exterior?

I don't know of any. Somebody may be able to take some reference photos.

David Salamone
Positive Impressions
PO Box 27073
Jacksonville, Florida 32205
904-388-4040 phone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

See our website at www.unleashedbyshelby.com

We provide the opportunity for you to restore & enhance the
appearance of your Shelby Dodge vehicle at a fair price.

We offer top quality, licensed reproduction stripe sets for all the
"numbered" vehicles such as the 1986 & 1987 GLHS's, 1987 to
1989 CSX's, 1987 Shelby Lancer's and most recently the 1989
Shelby Dakota. Many other repro sets are available as well.

We also feature other "appearance improving" products such as
Shelby oil caps, leather key fobs and the new license plate frames.

New products are being added all the time, give us a call to find
out if we might have what you're looking for. Our goal is to help
you keep your Shelby Dodge looking as great as it performs.