<<<<Also.. the head of one of the bolts, that screws into the K frame that
holds the sway bar in, broke off.. Anyone had this happen?  I think I'm
going to hit it with PB Blaster and try to get it out with vice grips..
any other recommendations?>>>>

I had a problem like this once.  Make a three sided square cut into the K frame
(I used an impact chisel)so you can bend a tab down for access.  This allows
you to put a nut inside there and thread a bolt up into it.  When you are
finished, bend the "door" back into place.  You can weld it shut if you want to.
Jerry