Contact him not me...
Thanks
Chad

Hello:
I am losing some car storage, and my wife and I decided that the
Lancer Shelby should be placed For Sale. It is a 1988 Lancer Shelby,
and is almost entirely original.
Here are the details:
-One Owner car, purchased as a dealer demo with 5,600 miles in Feb
1989 from Kings Dodge in Cincinnati, Ohio. My wife drove the car
daily from Feb 1989 to late 1998.
-Car has spent most of it's life in California, or Arizona. Currently
in Tucson, AZ.
-This car has NEVER been in a car wash, NEVER been in an accident,
and the paint is all factory original.
-Interior is all original with the headliner as the exception. The
headliner was replaced in 1999 by a professional upolestry shop.
-The car has 83K original miles, head has never been off the motor.
-Oil has been changed every 2K miles, NOT 3K miles, but 2K miles
since new by ME. I have every single oil filter box flap for this car
with the dates and mileage of each oil change. I have used ONLY
Valvoline 10W30. In the past few years, I have changed oil every 500
miles, or once a year due to that fact that this car has seen 'show
duty' only.
-Fluids such as coolant, trans fluid, etc have been changed by the
scheduled maintenance book, and again, I have documents to prove this.
-EVERYTHING works on this car; AC, cruise, rear defog, windows,
locks, etc, etc.
-I have done alot of the repairs and maintenance myself, but also had
Falore Chrysler in Sunnyvale, CA, and Steve Christy Chrysler in
Tucson do some repairs. In any case, I have an accordin file that is
almost 10 inches thick with every receipt since day one. It would
take days to review everything, but the entire history of the car is
there!
-Car passed AZ emissions and is currently registered.
-This car has won several throphies and they go with the vehicle. A
custom Technalon Evoultion car cover is included, also.

Here is a summary of recent repairs:
-NEW, not rebuilt MOPAR AC compressor, receiver/dryer, and high side
freon hoses and o rings. Car has R12 and blows colder than my 2001
Impala.
-Brakes have been replaced all around; rear wheel cylinders replaced
two years ago. Rear wheel bearing re-packed with new seals.
-Water pump is MOPAR and is one year old. Timing and drive belts are
one year old.
-Struts and shocks are MOPAR part number from a IROC Daytona and are
six years old.
-Car was appraised for 'Fair Market Value' in 2000 for $7,500. Here
is a link to the appraisal report:
http://members.aol.com/billccm/lancer/lancerapp1.jpg

In all honesty, here is what the car needs:
-Goodyear VR60 'Gatorbacks' are almost eight years old. They have
legal tread, but I would not do a long haul on these old tires.
-The clutch is original, and has some oh so slight chatter in
reverse. It probably has another 12K miles in it?
-The last time I drove the car (last week), I thought I heard a clunk
from the rear end. It may need to have the sway bar re-welded? I am
having my tire shop check this out next week.
-The valve cover gasket seeps about a teaspoon of oil a month, and
the oil line to the turbo is wet, but no drips.
-The original Infinity II sound system works, but my wife says the
cassette auto reverse sometimes sticks? I tried it, and it worked,
but it may begin to show it's age.
-The clear coat on the alum wheels has some 'spider web' cracks in
the paint/finish. It is not major, but it is noticable.

Asking price is $2595. I will consider serious offers.

Pictures:
http://members.aol.com/billccm/lancer/lancer.jpg
http://members.aol.com/billccm/lancer/lancerint.jpg
http://members.aol.com/billccm/lancer/lancermot.jpg

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks for listening and looking!

Bill

Thanks,
Chad Lyons,
Hartford City, IN
 **        PARTING OUT 89 Spirit ES Turbo         **
89 Lebaron 2.5 T-I,AT My Daily Driver
89 Lebaron GTC Vert, 2.5 T-I, AT Starting to drive it and fix it! "TRBO GTC"
89 Lebaron GTC Vert. Factory T-II car another project ;o)
93 Ram 150 5.2 MAGNUM Ext cab Long bed "Moby" 235k and still going strong
93 Jeep Grand Cherokee AWD Magnum V8
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/indyshelbydodgeclub/

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/