I see that my reply only went to howard, so I'll post up my experience
here for all to read:
Ship Greyhound! Once something goes over 60" FedEx basically doubles
or triples the charge. Plug in a 59" long package, a 60" long package
and a 61" long package in their rate calculator, you'll see! I just
shiped a rear bumper (62x14x28) from FL to CA on Greyhound for $32!

I also recently shipped a header panel and lower valance from a
Thunderbird Turbo Coupr for $38 from FL to DC, FedEx wanted $210,
because f it's size. Greyhound allows up to 84" one direction, ad
100lbs per delivery. I've shipped a complete interior via Greyhound
for VERY cheap.