I wouldn't say the show was rigged, I was there along with a bunch of other
SDAC members.  We had a great turnout and had at least of every Shelby-Dodge
car represented except for the 88 CSX-T.  95% of the cars at the show paid
the $30 entry fee, including the Cobra replicas and most Mustangs that were
there.  I think somebody at Volo thought it might help draw in the rare
original cars if the price was cheaper for them?  Not sure of the logic
behind that, but there was only 1 original cobra (a 289 model) and a few
real Shelby Mustangs.

This post has a bunch of pictures of the event.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88829

The only real disappointment of the day was that Carroll Shelby was not able
to attend due to health reasons.  I was really looking forward to meeting
him.  I did come away with a nice autographed dash plaque however, well
worth the $30 in my opinion.

The Ford dealership had nothing to do with the classification of cars, that
was decided even before they chose to sponsor the event.  The Ford guys were
all pretty cool about the Shelby Dodges, I didn't see any turned up noses or
anything all day.

Volo contacted me months before the event and asked if I could help spread
the word to the Shelby Dodge club about the show as they would like to have
our cars represented there.  I was tickled just to have them think enough of
us to go out of their way inviting Shelby Dodge guys to the event.  I posted
information about the event all over the place back in Jan. when I found out
about it, but the only sites that really got any discussion going about it
were TD.com and the SDAC mailing list.

In summary, it was a lot of fun, well worth the $30 and for the 5 cars that
got in for $20 I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch...

Dave Tekampe
SDAC-Chicago VP