Just some thoughts....

I've been burning CDs since the late 90s when the first 1x burners finally
breached the $300 barrier (they were coaster-makers).  Over the years I've
found that many CD players, especially really old ones don't like certain
brand CDs.  In fact, every time I've tried Memorex CD-Rs (last time was
about a year ago) they give me fits.  If it's not manufacturing defects,
then it's that they won't play in my OLD CD player in my basement.  People
will tell me they work fine and I try them again, only to be disappointed.

For reasons I don't fully understand, I've had the best luck with the old
Verbatim "blue backs".  They are dark blue on the bottom instead of
blue-green like the Maxell, Fuji, and some other brands I have tried.
They skipped less than many of the regular pressed CDs in my CSX (I
finally junked that Sony CD player).

There is only one person I know of that could not play them in her car.  I
then shelled out a few more coins for some "audio-specific" CD-Rs and
those worked for her.  They are almost silver with a slight gold tinge,
instead of the slight green tinge all the high speed CDRs have today.
Also burning them more slowly seems to help, as has been suggested.  I
burn these 48x-rated CD at 8x, which is the max burning speed of the
blue-backs that I had so much luck with before (I can no longer find
them).

Of course, your player may just need some attention as well and EMMV
(everyone's mileage may vary ;).

Russ

Joe Goetz said:
> I've found that clear aluminum CDs (i.e. Memorex CD-Rs) seem to work
> better than some of the blue ones like the Maxell CD-Rs. Some head units
> just need silver aluminum, not blue.... Theory being perhaps the blue
> takes burning better or cleaner...but I can't get them to play on my old
> home CD, my Alpine or Chrysler car players. The new generation CD/DVD in
> the basement plays them OK but takes a loooong time to register the
> tracks and start playing.
>
> --
> Joe Goetz, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Frederick, MD, USA