You need a new timing belt!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne Elias" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Shelby-dodge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:20 PM
Subject: SD> 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger quit

1987 Dodge Shelby Charger  No mods.
My car shut down on me.  I though it was the
distributor pick-up coil by the way it quit.  I
replaced it, but it still wouldnt run.  Then I
noticed that the fuel pump wasnt coming on when
turning the key on.  I also noticed that the engine
turned over very easy.  So I ran power to the pump
direct from the battery.  Pump works and develops
about 50 psi.  So I disconnected the battery and
changed out the power module.  Fuel pump worked for
one cycle of trying to start the car but still will
not run.  So I changed out the electronics module.
Again the pump ran for one cycle of trying to start
the car but would not start.  However, if I dont try
to start the car but just turn the start key on and
off to charge the fuel rail the pump will keep
working.  Its only when I try to start the car that
the next time I try to start the car the fuel pump
will not run.  I found out by trial and error after
trying to start the car that if I unplug and re-plug
the blue connector to the electronics module, then the
fuel pump will run, but the car will not start.  I
checked the continuity of all the wires for the Z1
circuit from the power module and it was good.  Also,
there is voltage at the input of the coil when the
start key is on.  It seems that when I try to start
the car the auto shut down comes on.  The error codes
are 11, 12, 55.  Im at a loss now at what to try
next.  All help would be greatly appreciated.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com