My 86 Daytona is in a funk of non-starting as well. I was going to wait till I
get a new battery for it next week, but I figured I'd ask the list. When I turn
the key, the fuel pump primes, the dash lights up, then I push the key to the
start position, and it dies. Everything shuts down. Of course I can't pull any
codes, But I learned if I disconnect the battery, It will allow me to get power
to everything, but again shuts down if I try to start it. Anyone have any
ideas? Bad ground? Bad Computer? Whack job backyard mechanic being stupid
forgetting something?