Al Curtis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 20:45:16 -0700
(PDT)
From: Al Curtis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: SD> dohc neon head on 2.5 ?'s
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Check the SDML archives,,,,,,
  Easy?-No!
  Reliable-Maybe....
  Pre made kits?-NO!
  Expensive?-Can be costly.....
  Good numbers?-Heard of some.....
  12's or 11's from a Sohc Turbo 2.2 or 2.5 not achievable!???...- Sonny boy,
Check the archive's-it has been and is being done!!!!!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  i just got my van and my turbo and rings are shot, i just found a
replacement t2 turbo and i might just do a cheap re-ring job while i build a
good
engine. i sold a a-555 to a local guy who was putting a dohc head from a neon
on
his 2.2 or 2.5. on my motor i'll be building i was thinking about this option
as well. how reliable is this combo, what do you use for manifolds turbo's
etc. dose anyone sell any kits? and what kind of numbers can you get out of
these vs. a ported polished big valve g head with a roller cam? i want to get
my
van at least running high 12's and 11's if possible. i don't think a 11 is
achievable with a sohc . anyhow any advise on if it would be worth it to go
with a neon head, and how it would compare to a t3 or Maserati head motor.
i'm looking for something that will be easy to make work, and something
reliable as well.
thanks
chris