>>The only synthetic i'll use is RedLine.
>>20k service limit for oils and 100k+ for gear lubes

I've seen the Amsoil dealers with their trucks that
have stickers saying "this vehicle requires no oil
changes."
The oil itself will maintain its ability to lubricate
and cool the engine for a long time, but the oil's 3rd
job inside an internal combustion engine is to clean
it.  After you get done mopping 3 rooms, it is time to
change the water in your bucket.  After which, you
just smear around the dirt and are able to pick up the
big stuff yet via the filter (mop fibers).
If the oil doesn't get dirty, it isn't cleaning it.
Conventional oil regularly lasts 100k+ in
differentials with no issues.  Reason to change it is
because of moisture contamination over the years.

I do not own an engine that will not consume five
quarts in 20,000 miles.  Replacing consumed oil is
sorta just like changing it.

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/