It's too bad we can't get a run of like 1,000 of these types of valve covers
made up for us.  . .

. . . Shawn

----- Original Message ----
From: Barry
Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: shelby-dodge@imagicomm.com
Cc:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 1, 2007 1:28:19 AM
Subject: Re:
SD> Shelby valve cover gasket question

It appears the Shelby valve cover you
have is from an 89
CSX.  In 1989, the 2.2/2.5 switched to a reusable one
piece
gasket (including the Shelby covers).   RTV is no longer
required at
all with them.  So you need a gasket for an 89
or newer 2.2/2.5 for your
Shelby cover.  It is a neoprene
type material, and fits in the groove that
goes all around
the cover.  It compresses a little when the cover is bolted
down.  Works like a charm!

Barry

> I just found a nice Shelby valve cover
for my 1986 GLHS.
> Took the time to strip it and put a nice crinkle coat

finish
> on it. When I took off the turbo cover off car it has a
> totally

different gasket surface: 2 rubber peices on the ends and
> a shallow groove
with RTV sealant on the long edges.
> It also has some sort of crankcase vent
baffle inside it
> also.
> The part # inside the valve cover is 41054733
09104.
> The Shelby cover is part # CS1096-1  09104. The valve
> cover gasket
area looks to be one deep groove all around
> the entire perimeter. The
1985-87 valve cover gasket I got
> from Autozone will never work here.Can
anyone tell me
> what is the correct gasket here? Should I swap the

crankcase vent baffle into the Shelby cover?  If anyone
> can help me here and
needs a nice Chrysler turbo valve
> cover also let me know.Thanks

Mike P

>  05 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
>  01 Audi S8
>  03 Mini Cooper S
>  94 BMW
318ti
>  94 Ford Ranger 4x4
>  86 Shelby GLHS #134
> 75 Porsche 911 Carrera
targa
> 74 Porsche 914 2.0
>  62 Porsche 356B
>  99 Ducati ST4

To be removed, visit
http://www.sdml.org/pages/leave.html
_______
Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with
Yahoo! FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/