Hi folks,

I've shipped my 1986 GLHS #432 to Neil Emiro in NM for restoration.
Photos of the process are being kept at:

http://www.chrispitude.net/index.php?album=cars/glhs/resto

Currently, the car is being stripped down to a shell in preparation
for being taken to a body shop in Pueblo, CO:

 http://www.hotrodpaintandfab.com/

The car will be frame-up restored with POR15 on the bottom and
high-quality durable paint on the visible surfaces.  This shop is a
very competent restoration shop, and this car is the newest car
they've worked on for quite awhile.  The shop prefers fixing the
sheetmetal to bondo where possible.  They are intent on restoring the
car itself to pristine condition, rather than patching it up to look
good.

The transmission will be a 568 with an OBX LSD and 3.50 gears to
better replicate the factory gear ratios, mated to a Maddog shifter
sitting under the factory center console.  The engine will have forged
pistons and a ball-bearing turbo, but mild porting and camming.  We
are using some piston rod/skirt coatings to reduce friction and
improve durability.  The goal of this car is to have a bulletproof
strong engine, not to make gobs of horsepower.  LRE autocross springs
and new-in-box Konis will be used.

Neil has some tantalizing upgrades planned for this car.  I won't tip
our hand yet, but this should prove to be a very unique (and very
competent) 1986 GLHS that brings the best of yesterday and today
together.

 - Chris