>> The differences in the racks are due to travel
>> restrictors..... If you open up a rack and pinion
>> bellow... you will see a brown, grey or yellow
>> piece of plastic between the rack and in the inner
>> tie rod. These are so one rack is

So this is why my '92 Lebaron requires a football
field to do a U-turn?  I was always wondering how this
was done as the steering ratio is identical to that of
my '92 Daytona but the steering wheel in the Lebaron
has much less travel before lock and the Daytona has a
much tighter turning radius.

The Lebaron has 16" wheels with factory P205 55R 16
wheels.  The Daytona is P205 60R 15.  The pattern
seems to be that cars with 16" wheels and/or the heavy
duty manual transmissions have huge turning radiusses.
 With the 16" wheels, on a tight turning car, they are
no closer to rubbing than the 15" wheels are.

So, how hard is it to tear apart the steering rack and
be gone of these F'ing plastic stops you speak of?  I
never tore apart a rack before.