Much of the spam you receive is sadly near impossible to avoid. In my line of
work its become an almost epidemic. See; the problem lies within the
Individuals (Author of the email.) user account itself. Sounds pretty simple,
but the deeper you go into resolving this, the more it becomes clear the email
provider (yahoo, gmail etc.) appears to be compromised. Not you.
Unfortunately this is false. Rather the authors computer had picked up this
virus which invades, then systematically "shares" your contact list. The
oblivious user has no evidence within the outbox/sent/trash folders, yet has
contacts responding to the barrage of spam mails.
It's frustrating for all parties, as you appear to be a liar or forgetful of
the mail you send. Your contacts appear to be senile and need new lenses as you
know of no email sent.
Additionally, the cure is not even as simple as a new computer. At this point
the email provider has no support for this attack, and the "google" search
yields similar, scarce results.
An interesting thought is why the virus seems to pick and choose from your
contact list. Sometimes choosing only a single contact, or multiple persons to
attack.
Safety wise, I personally have not yet seen an infection be spread simply by
clicking the "read" button, I have strong advice to avoid clicking links your
"trusted friend" has sent you lol.
I've heard of resolution being as simple as adding a new contact, and naming
this person a series of zeros. IE:0000000.
The reason behind this not worth explaining, but I just want to protect this
mailing list and any anger felt if you are a victim of this spam or the
infected person sending them. No one is purposely doing this, they don't even
know they've been sending spam.
Hope this help, best wishes.

Jim Bauer

Sent from my iPhone