Hey Dennis,

Installing a walbro on an l-body is very easy. You just replace the in tank
 pump with the walbro and eliminate the external pump. Here is a walbro
next to  the in tank pump.

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/7455/2m14.jpg

To install the walbro you will need to cut of a rib that is inside the
plastic hoop that holds the pump. There should be a foam sleeve that comes with
 the walbro. You slip that over the pump and it's a perfect fit. Here it is
 installed.

http://imageshack.us/a/img34/2765/9wa6.jpg

Pretty sure I had to splice on some new electrical connectors but it's not
complicated. I think there are different kits that come with the pump. Make
sure  you get the one that comes with that foam sleeve. Or it might just
come with or  without the install kit. Not sure. It's been a while since I
installed  mine.

Hope this helps.

Chad

In a message dated 10/15/2013 8:02:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,