Hi Philip,

you use shogun modules as

import modshogun as sg
k=sg.GaussianKernel()

k.method_call()

If some class is not available, you might not have had the
requirements installed when building shogun.

There is a complete class API that can be found here:
http://www.shogun-toolbox.org/doc/en/latest/namespaceshogun.html

Cookbook examples (preliminary) are here:
http://shogun.ml/cookbook/latest/

And finally since you are in python, notebooks are here (currently
broken descriptions)
http://www.shogun-toolbox.org/page/documentation/notebook

Hope that helps,

Heiko