Hi Mike
Thanks for sharing this story on robotic testing.
I guess not all independent testing are created equal.
One way to overcome this trickery is to supervise the testing.
Another way is to get a statistican to design the test parameters.
If robotic testing results will not withstand the test of law then sited
OEM's are only interested in selling more product (any way they can).
I've designed test protocol for a robotic session we conducted in Singapore.
Did this with a close friend from Australia.  6 months later we replicated
the
identical test again, only this time with an Ausi PGA Tour player as the
hitting media.
The two independent tests on the same 4 clubs yielded very similar output
results.
We used blocks and randomization to minimize the effect of time of day, and
weather.
Different continents, robot vs human, different seasons > similar rates of
improvement.
Manufacturers can achieve valid statistical results that will withstand the
test of time.
If you don't mind I would like to use your post when I do statisical /
quality training.
Its a solid example to share with others on what people will do to fake /
manipulate data.
This isn't independent testing, its deception.  No sense spending a nickel
on those shops.
I'm not saying the guy in San Diego is good or bad, no first hand knowledge
of this (CMA).
Just curious Mike, how many independent robotic research centers are there
in the USA?
Thanks Harry S
www.Golf54.com