C. Albers wrote:

Please configure your mailer to break lines at some reasonable width.
Your whole post is one long line!

> I installed shorewall 3.0.7-1 on my Debian box and pretty much ran it out of
> the box

> Is that the default behavior of shorewall?  (I would have assumed that
> I need to open this port manually).

There is no "out of the box" Shorewall configuration. As released from
by shorewall.net, Shorewall won't even start until you configure it.

If you install Shorewall using the QuickStart Guides at
http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_quickstart_guide.htm, it will accept
no connections from the net. If you didn't do that, then there is no way
for us to know what your configuration looks like. Please see
http://www.shorewall.net/support.htm#Guidelines if you want us to
evaluate your situation further.

Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]