C. Albers wrote:
> I have attached both dump files.  I don't find
> diff'ing
> the files very informative.  Maybe you can see
> something that I can't.
>
> As far as your gut feeling goes, I have no idea how my
> VPN traffic could not touch my firewall and get out on
> the internet.  There's only one way out of my internal
> lan: forwarding through my linux router's eth0
> interface, which shorewall is protecting.
>
> Let me know what you see.  Thanks for your help,

Chad -- I've been following this thread and I must confess that I don't
understand what problem you are reporting. When you "made some VPN
attempts", what was the SOURCE IP and what was the DESTINATION IP? (I
assume that the protocol was UDP and the DPT was 500?).

Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]