Ralf Schenk wrote:

> Why shouldn't we use the high marks for routing and connection-tracking
> if multiple providers are involved and the low marks for traffic
> shaping ?

Ralf,

You can, but you have to follow the rules.

a) You set PACKET marks in PREROUTING for selecting which provider to use:

0x0200:P  +PPPROUTING     0.0.0.0/0
0x0200:P  0.0.0.0/0       +PPPROUTING

b) You use low marks in the FORWARD chains for traffic shaping:

1:F     0.0.0.0/0       0.0.0.0/0       tcp     22

Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]