Pollywog wrote:
> I don't know what I did, but I can no longer start Shorewall after a reboot
> until I have done a restore of the ipsets.  Is the only solution a removal
> and reinstallation of Shorewall?

Without knowing what your problem is, how could we possibly answer that
question? But I can tell you that removal and reinstallation of
Shorewall is a really silly idea because you won't know how you got into
this mess or how to get out if it in the future. And it may not solve
your problem! So let's determine what the problem is.

In general, after a reboot your ipsets must be loaded before Shorewall
will start. There are several ways to do that

a) /etc/shorewall/ipsets.
b) An init script that runs before Shorewall starts.
c) Code in /etc/shorewall/init
d) ...

So which mechanism do you believe that you are using?

Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]