On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:18:27 -0500,
jonetsu <jone...@teksavvy.com> wrote :

>   I have a Fedora 15 system w/o any Shorewall installed.  Running the
> install.sh (as root) yields the following:
>
>  ./install.sh
>  Perl/compiler.pl syntax OK
>  Installing Redhat/Fedora-specific configuration...
>     ERROR: Shorewall >= 4.3.5 is not installed
>
> I can yum-install the current Fedora Shorewall, but I found it odd
> that the installer needs a previous version - or perhaps this is
> always the case with betas ?

Hmmm.  After installing both shorewall-4.4.23.3-1.fc15.noarch and
shorewall-init-4.4.23.3-1.fc15.noarch and
shorewall-lite-4.4.23.3-1.fc15.noarch there's still no compiler.pl
in /usr/share/ for the check in install.sh to succeed.  I'm tempted to
remove that check in install.sh (line 300) but am not sure about the
implications of doing so.