I recently implemented "blacklist if connection attempt on unused port" from Tom's help and one of the rules was the following:-

ADD(SW_DBL4:src):info    net    $FW

When I do a configuration check I get the following warning

Checking /usr/share/shorewall/action.Drop for chain Drop... Checking /usr/share/shorewall/action.Broadcast for chain Broadcast... *WARNING: Log Prefix shortened to "Shorewall:net-fw:ADD(SW_DBL4 " /etc/shorewall/rules (line 121)* Checking /etc/shorewall/conntrack... Checking MAC Filtration -- Phase 2...

not sure if this is causing an issue or not, but thought I should pass it along.

Nigel Aves.

--

from the desk of Nigel

http://soft-focus-imagining.com