Typical setup.  All systems running CentOS7.4 on KVM.  Shorewall 5.0.14.1.
Communication with DMZ by a virtual private bridge built in virt-manager, and
communication between LAN machines is by SRIOT ethernet hardware.

The router is a VM with 3 interfaces -- fiberoptic, LAN, DMZ. -- and I followed
the doc for 3 interface, setting the SNAT file:
.MASQUERADE      10.1.111.30/32,192.168.1.0/24   eth1
(DMZ: 10.  LAN: 192.)

LAN masquerades through the router fine.  From the router I can ping the dmz
and ssh to it just fine.

Problem is the dmz machine can't ping out;  can't even get nameservice.  And
dmesg in both the dmz and router show -nothing- in dmesg.

Also I can't ssh from the lan to the dmz machine.  I can ping it from the
router, and ssh in, but not from the LAN.