On 02/23/2018 02:18 PM, Vieri Di Paola via Shorewall-users wrote:
> ________________________________
> From: Tom Eastep <teas...@shorewall.net>
>>> Can I avoid replying ARP requests for only?
>> Yes -- add a DROP entry in /etc/shorewall/arprules.
> Thanks. However, I don't understand why the ARP replies were generated even
> if I set "arp_filter=1" for that interface ($IF_LAN in my example). This
> interface does not have any IP address configured within

arp_filter controls whether ARP requests for addresses on other
interfaces are answered -- but when you enable proxy_arp, ARP requests
for any address for which the system has a route (out of any interface)
are answered.

Tom Eastep        \   Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with
Shoreline,         \     an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you can't
http://shorewall.org \   understand