Am 12.03.2018 um 19:47 schrieb Tom Eastep:
> On 03/11/2018 02:56 PM, Max Addler (Dersbach) wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> for a current project I would be happy to have INCLUDE be able to nest
>> to more than 3 levels. The limit is imposed in Config.pm line 3480 and
>> AFAIK in three other locations (the actual limit is "4").
>>
>> While it is easy to change these explicit numeric limits to a constant
>> and e.g. set that to 10 in my locally installed copy, and it does not
>> create any obvious problem, the question is of course if there are any
>> side effects to be expected from such a change. Can anyone provide me
>> with an opinion or maybe a reference information?
>>
> Hi Max,
>
> There should be no side effects to changing the literal '4' in those
> cases. In 5.2.0, I have replaced those literals with a symbolic constant
> so the limit can be modified with a single-line change.
>
> -Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for your answer - good to know. That does help.

"Symbolic constant" means I can change that in a single line of perl
code - right?

If I would attempt to create a patch for making that a shorewall.conf
option, would you consider including such a change in the release?

(If it's not a config option, or even if I create a working patch, but
it's not going to be in the release, I need to keep patching after each
shorewall package update. I will not have any system running without
updates).

Thanks

-- Max