On Tue, 2018-06-19 at 09:39 -0700, Tom Eastep wrote:

> It is in 5.2.0

Hrm.  I had to patch /usr/share/shorewall/action.IfEvent by hand with
5.2.0.

> Does your distro install the common Shorewall files in
> a directory other than /usr/share/shorewall/?

I don't believe so, no:

$ rpm -qf /usr/share/shorewall/action.IfEvent
shorewall-5.2.0-0.01.fc28.noarch

> Does 'shorewall show
> actions' list IfEvent?

$ sudo shorewall show actions | grep IfEvent
IfEvent      noinline           # Perform an action based
on an event

Here's what's in the tarball I downloaded:

$ md5sum shorewall-5.2.0.tar.bz2
64197788451a266d542f0af17fa9da12  shorewall-5.2.0.tar.bz2
$ tar xOjvf shorewall-5.2.0.tar.bz2 shorewall-5.2.0/Actions/action.IfEvent |
sed -ne '135,141p'
    #
    # if the event is armed, remove it and perform the action
    #
    perl_action_helper( $action , "-m mark --mark $mark/$mark -m recent
--remove --name $event" );
} elsif ( $command & $UPDATE_CMD ) {
    perl_action_helper( $action, "-m recent --update ${duration}--hitcount
$hitcount --name $event $srcdst" );
} else {

Which looks to me like the unpatched version, or am I mistaken?

I'd do some git archaeology to see when this patch went in but it seems
SF's git-web interface is pretty immature in that respect.  Github's
"Blame" functionality would tell the story.

Speaking of git, you have 3 merge requests open on Shorewall, FWIW.
Some have been there quite a while.

Cheers,
b.