On 07/11/2018 07:11 AM, Jeremy Baker wrote:
> Is there any way to test for kernel features and have conditional rules
> based upon them?  As an example, I like to use some geoip country
> matches, but sometimes after a kernel update, my distro doesn't have the
> xtables kernel module ready.  It would be nice if shorewall could start
> cleanly regardless.

?if __GEOIP_MATCH
?fi

You can do that with any capability displayed by 'shorewall show -f
capabilities'; See
http://www.shorewall.net:configuration_file_basics.htm#Conditional

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep        \   Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with
Shoreline,         \     an international standard?