Hi,

I've tried fiddling around with the following parameters, but it seems to make
no difference:

net.core.default_qdisc = pfifo_fast
net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = cubic
net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control = cubic reno bbr cdg

The above values are default in my system.

I tried the following:

# sysctl -w net.core.default_qdisc=fq_codel
# sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=cdg

I restarted shorewall, but not the OS.

I'm still seeing the same packet loss behavior after a while.

Can anyone with more experience please tell me if I should revert to defaults
(qdisc, congestion control) for "shorewall router" purposes. I mean that maybe
fq_codel and cdg "won't hurt" as they seem to be unrelated to my packet loss
issue.

Thanks,

Vieri