Hi,

I am facing a peculiar situation with a new 10G (HP) L3 switch + Cisco catalyst ,

shorewall runs on a machine that has a few interfaces,

in particular

2 bonded interfaces to  to a cisco catalyst 1G

and

2 bonded 10G interfaces to an hp 10G

all bonds are 802.3ad  mode

When I boot the machine all bonded  interfaces have a delay to respond due to portfast being off but I prefer it for safety since the switches change often configuration and links move from port to port.

However even though after reboot it seems that the firewall is OK, zones communication is not, and as such local zone is not able to ping dmz etc.

I have to login into the fw and issue

shorewall stop; shorewall clear; shorewall start;

in order communications among the zones to function.

Any ideas ?

Would a stanza like "up /bin/sleep 30 ...." in the interfaces file solve the issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Harry