Hi Justin,

Good point, not a DDOS at all, just a DOS.

Yes, the packets were dropped, I guess the only potential protection is upstream.

If i do shorewall-drop (ip) , the packets will still hit the interface, but does it still appear in the logs ? Actually, looks like they are dropped silently ?

Not going to help for UDP, but it would stop TCP replies if it was a TCP flood ?

Thanks for you input Justin,

Best Regards,

Richard