Hi,

During today's batch of Debian Sid updates I was notified about this iptables
change:

```
iptables (1.8.1-1) unstable; urgency=medium

    By default, this package will try to use the nf_tables kernel backend
    instead of the xtables one. Please, read more about this in
    /usr/share/doc/iptables/README.Debian, including details about the new
    update-alternatives configuration possibilities.
    This is a major update on the way iptables works and may have severe impact
    in running systems which are upgrading between Debian versions.
    The arptables and ebtables binaries are also affected, and those packages
    will be updated soon as well.

 -- Arturo Borrero Gonzalez <art...@debian.org>  Wed,  24 Oct 2018 14:00:00
+0200
```

What does that mean with regards to Shorewall? Could there potentially be incompatibilities on how Shorewall expects Linux firewall to behave?

I am running Shorewall on my home Sid machine, and I don't see immediate breakage, though it runs only for an hour maybe.