bo...@cation.de schrieb am 14.11.2018 08:10:

> Am 2018-11-14 01:06, schrieb Timo Sigurdsson:
>> Boris schrieb am 13.11.2018 12:09:

>>> Hej Tom,
>>> hej list,
>>>
>>> here I am again after some weeks of discussions with AVM and the ISP -
>>> with no success nor solution.
>>> Also, I took a break working on this because I'm quite frustrated. But
>>> after all, there should be a way to make the shorewall work again.
>>> It's
>>> not a good feeling without safety on that level....
>>>
>>> AVM admits the fact that pppoe is not passed directly through. So I
>>> hope
>>> (an actually this seems to be the last chance) there might be a
>>> workaround on teh LEAF-box, maybe directly in ShoreWall. Is it
>>> possible
>>> to define eth0 there as a kind of incoming-only interface?
>>>
>>> In my imagination there could be something like a
>>> forwarding-packet-relay from th0 to ppp0 so that SW accepts the
>>> respose
>>> packets on ppp0. But I have no idea how this could be realized....
>>>
>>> I would be extremly glad about any idea to solve that tricky problem!
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>

>>> Boris
>>

>> Hi Boris,
>>
>> is there any particular reason why you want to use the AVM Fritz!Box
>> 7590 as a modem other than that you may have gotten it for free by
>> your provider?
>>
>> From the little experience I have with AVM's boxes, I know that 1) if
>> they support PPPoE passthrough, it's often quirky and 2) don't take
>> it for granted since they might decide to remove PPPoE Passthrough
>> support in a future firmware release as they've done in the past.
>> So, it usually wouldn't cross my mind to use an AVM router as a modem.
>>
>> In addition, the documentation of the 7590 in particular already
>> implies that their PPPoE Passthrough mode does *not* reduce the
>> device to a modem, but rather it allows you to open a *second*
>> PPPoE connection. The 7590 will in any case at least try to open
>> a PPPoE connection for itself [1]. Personally, that looks just
>> like a mess to me if I had such a setup in front of my firewall.
>>
>> I would at least try another device that can be used as a modem
>> and see whether that solves your issues. I can recommend getting
>> a used "Telekom Speedport Entry 2" (I got mine for about 15€,
>> which is a steal). It can be put into a "modem mode" leaving the
>> configuration of the PPPoE connection - including the VLAN
>> tagging - fully up to you and supports VDSL up to 100MBit/s.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Timo
>>
>> [1]
>> https://avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7590/wissensdatenbank/publication/show/3232_PPPoE-Passthrough-in-FRITZ-Box-einrichten/
>
> Hej Timo,
> hej list,
>
> Thank you for your statement!
>
> Well, yes, I got the AVM Box for free but there are some reasons I like
> [...]

Hi Boris,

no, unfortunately the Speedport Entry 2 can't work in that way - at
least I think so. I don't know of any VDSL modems that can do multiple
PPPoE connections at the same. But then again, that was never something
I looked for. I leave the VoIP stuff to a seperate box in an isolated
network segment *behind* my Shorewall firewall.

Now, regarding your issue. Have you tried to set up VLAN tagging for
the PPPoE connection on your LEAF box to see whether that changes the
behaviour?

Regards,

Timo