Am 20.05.2021 um 13:04 schrieb tha...@letterboxes.org:

So with this I end up with NAT'd IPv6.  Which I thought you weren't
supposed to do.
yes, this is ugly and something to avoid when ever possible...

But I guess if I'm going to have private internal IPv6 addresses,
either static &/or delegated, then I have to do this somehow.
It depends how ipv6 address space is delegated to you.
Her in germany our biggest telco delegates dynamically a /56 subnet
which is plenty space for almost everything.
Because it is dynamically allocated via dhcp on every new connect, for
static service allocation in internal nets we are forced to use ULA
address space for internal services and delegate derived subnets from
the provider global unicast delegation to clients for internet access.

I keep thinking there's a routing solution that solves this, but I
can't figure it out.  And your NAT suggestion does fix it for now.
When you recieve only a /64 subnet, this gets gets realy complicated and
depends on every involved software which has to support subnets smaller
than /64.
In this situation you may be better off with a NAT solution.

Best wishes