Hey folks,

I'm looking once again at trying to make sense of fail2ban's documentation, with the goal of configuring fail2ban to *remotely* tell my separate firewall box (a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter running Shorewall) to drop addresses that attempt to abuse or attack mail or ssh ports. The fail2ban example shorewall.conf file RECOMMENDS changing BLACKLIST from the default "NEW,INVALID,UNTRACKED" to "ALL" in order to let it close existing connections from hostile hosts.

Are there any *non-obvious* side effects of this change that I should be aware of?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications