I did try that, no joy.
 
 
From: Dave Kempe <[email protected]> 
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2026 5:12 PM
To: Shorewall Users <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Shorewall-users] Introducing shorewall-nft
 
Did you try 'shorewall restart' ? On gentoo, I think the commands you want are:
Start now: rc-service shorewall start (this runs shorewall start, which loads 
the ruleset)
Enable at boot: rc-update add shorewall default
ipv6: rc-service shorewall6 start and rc-update add shorewall6 default
 
Run 'shorewall restart' and paste the output (if you have the most recent 
version the verbosity is fixed), then we can take a closer look.
Thanks for trying it out.
 
Dave
 
 
On Mon, 5 Oct 2026 at 21:40, <[email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:
OK, so I unmerged the old shorewall and emerged the new one and it passed the 
check, but when I said shorewall status, it said ruleset was not loaded.  I 
tried this under the kernel 6.6.119 and then I tried it under 6.18.49 but same 
result.
 
 
_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users

Reply via email to