Hey

On Dec 9, 2016 9:58 PM, "Jens Georg" <m...@jensge.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 21:05 +0100, Jens Georg wrote:
> >
> Patch:
> https://github.com/abrauchli/shotwell/commit/f9222a979385a40988730713
> bc7a9caf96b2cef4
>
> I'm not quite sure whether it also affects RAW file duplicates that
> were discussed lately as I'm not familiar with the workflow for
> RAW-type files.
>

> The other patch is related to the earlier phase of checking the
> contents of the camera. Your change affect the duplicate check during
> the actual import.
>

> Let me know if that's mergable.
>

> I'd say so for now.
>
> On a second thought - using the file md5 will take the meta-data into
> account, the thumbnail md5 won't.

I'm not at my pc right now, but are you sure it's not just the pixmap data?
There's also a metadata_md5 if memory serves me right.

Also, IMO if the metadata differs on import it's not really a duplicate. If
you merge them you'll loose one set of metadata.. Unless we can store them
both, but current code doesn't account for that AFAIK.