Hi,
I was looking at the current face detection code in shotwell 0.29.2 and feel
that it can be enhanced.So I pulled the code from
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/shotwell.git and started making some changes.1.
Do not run another process for face detection (shotwell-facedetect) but
integrate the OpenCV calls into shotwell and link to OpenCV libraries2. Ability
to use OpenCL when available on the platform using T-API in OpenCV 3.x3.
Eventually add face recognition on photos using a trained model based on faces
labelled by the user - this would need a few faces to be tagged by the user
before the OpenCV face recognition calls can be used
(https://docs.opencv.org/2.4/modules/contrib/doc/facerec/facerec_tutorial.html).
Is there anyone else working on this area?
Thanks,Narendra