Hi,
I managed to get a basic version of face recognition working in my
branch.https://gitlab.gnome.org/nma83/shotwell/commit/f7b2c2203d2d7b5a722f5133f79ea8baf14d7fcd
It uses the OpenFace DNN model I had described earlier.There are some
optimizations to be done for storing the intermediate face representation
vector.The UI may also need improvement. I added a 'Train Face from Photo' menu
item in the FacePage menu for now.A face from a single photo is used as
reference to compare with unknown faces in other photos when running
detection.I also modified the DBus interface to do both face boundary detection
and vector generation in the same call.More feedback is welcome.
Thanks,Narendra