Hi
I use shotwell for several years and I think it is one of the best program
for Linux.

But, in my opinion, some new feature could be implemented and should be
important. These are my suggestions :

- automatic backup creating a tar.gz file including photos, cache and
preference. Selecting from start / end date or whole archive to backup
should be implemented (indeed continuous adding photos to shotwell fill the
hdd and, actually, it is difficult to choose which photos leave... Moreover
it is difficult to create a manual backup)

- jpeg-raw photo: is it possible to add a function to remove the raw file
leaving jpg? Indeed when we use to import photos raw&jpg format from
reflex, we can decide to leave a photo only in the jpg format (the raw
takes a lot of disk space)

Thanks
Best regards

Gabriele Ciuti