Hello.
OpenCV uses the folder opencv2 to include the object oriented
definitions even in the version 3.0 . Apparently the dnn.hpp should be
in the package libopencv-contrib
(https://packages.debian.org/buster/libopencv-contrib3.2) , but I'm
using right now Ubuntu 16.04 and it doesn't ship the dnn.hpp file.
Later at home I will try to compile this version of shotwell in the
last Debian.

The only advice I could give is, if you are going to compile OpenCV
from https://github.com/opencv/opencv after clone the repository
checkout a label/tag or the compilation could not work. I think the
Debian version of OpenCV in repository is 2.4, and this version
doesn't contain the dnn.hpp file.

Bye,
Ricardo.